A mobile home in south Evanston was gutted by fire Friday, Dec. 28, after rag left on the stove in the residence caught fire.
According to Fire Investigator Tim Overy, firefighters were dispatched about 2 p.m. to the home, located at 3079 Yellow Creek Road, Lot 1002, to find the kitchen area fully engulfed. While no one was home at the time of the fire, a pet was rescued by firefighters. The animal was later taken to a local veterinarian for treatment.
Overy said the fire at the home, which was a total loss, appears to have been accidental.