EVANSTON — The Third Annual Sagebrush Country Fiber Arts Revival will be held at the Uinta County Library Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event celebrates the diverse and fascinating fiber art culture.
“We invite you to come to the library to experience a variety of fiber arts, artworks and artists,” a release from the library said. “There will be classes and demonstrations, as well as a spinning circle, so bring your own fiber arts to work and share with the group. Vendors will be selling fiber products, fiber-related collectables, and equipment and supplies for fiber artists.”
Area author Lila Bond will be on hand at the library, as well, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., to sign copies of her book, The Lonely Life: Basque Sheepherders in Wyoming. Copies of the book will also be available for purchase.
A beautiful Ashford 32-inch eight-harness table loom ($600 value) will be the grand prize in the raffle this year. More great prizes have also been contributed by vendors. More information about the raffle can be found at www.uintalibrary.org/fiberartsfestival2012raffle.html. All proceeds go to benefit the Uinta County Libraries.
Following are classes planned at the revival:
• Soap in a Sweater, 10 to 11 a.m. Make your very own felted soap! Ages 4 and up. Materials provided, a $5 donation is appreciated.
• Locker Hooking, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Make a beautiful potholder using the locker hooking method. Ages 10 and up. Kits available for $15.
• Carding, 1 to 1:45 p.m. Learn carding techniques. Ages 10 and up. Materials provided; a $5 donation is appreciated.
• Spinning, 2 to 3 p.m. Learn spinning techniques. Ages 10 and up. Materials provided; a $5 donation is appreciated.
• Coil basketry, 2 to 4 p.m. Make a unique basket using the coiling technique. Ages 10 and up. Materials provided; a $5 donation is appreciated.
• Knittin’ a Mitten 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Knit a mitten! Intermediate knitters, bring four size #10 double point needles and four-ply yarn of your choice. Pattern will be provided; a $5 donation is appreciated.
Bring the whole family to this fun, interactive event. For more information, please contact the Uinta County Library at (307) 789-2770, log on to uintalibrary.org, or find them on Facebook.